First Presbyterian Christian Academy is committed to a rich and challenging tradition of excellence through engaged learning, an integrated curriculum that reaches across disciplines and age levels, and a committed foundation in Christian faith. With a partnership of parents, staff, and community, First Presbyterian Christian Academy is dedicated to making a positive and dynamic impact on the student. We recognize that each student is an integral member of our school family with diverse backgrounds, creative minds, and unique abilities. First Presbyterian Christian Academy seeks to develop the whole student by teaching critical thinking skills, encouraging innate talents, and establishing lifelong Christian values.
The vision of First Presbyterian Christian Academy is to provide students with the highest possible quality of Christ-centered education that equips and challenges each student by implementing the most current academic resources, optimizing technology integration, and expanding the campus facilities. We continually empower our educators to be forward thinking and progressive learners to stay ahead of the contemporary trends in education. It is our goal to build upon our existing college preparatory curriculum and continue to improve the overall student experience to include new opportunities in fine arts and diverse extracurricular activities. As a growing school, we advocate a strong connection with our current families and alumni to establish an ongoing relationship with past, present, and future generations.
Statement of Beliefs:
- We believe that every individual has the right and the responsibility to learn.
- We believe in the use of technology and its vast possibilities as we help students prepare for the future.
- We believe in utilizing varied teaching methods to meet the needs of the individual learner.
- We believe that self-esteem, self-confidence, responsibility, and a strong Christian foundation are the cornerstones of good citizenship.
- We believe we should all have high expectations of ourselves and of our students; we believe we should set and aspire to high goals, think creatively, communicate effectively, and take risks to help our students achieve the most that they can.
- We believe that students should learn to accept responsibility and the consequences of their choices.
- We believe that we should endeavor to instill the love of learning and the desire for life-long learning in all of our students.
- We believe that for a child to learn, he/she must first feel safe and secure in his/her environment. We believe that we should provide every child with a safe and secure learning environment.
- We believe that education is a team effort and the responsibility of the school, home, church, and community.
- We believe that children should learn to appreciate and respect the differences in all individuals.
- Realizing that our technologically advanced society sends many messages to students through a variety of sources, we believe that children need to know that there are absolute truths that exist today and will exist forever. These truths are embodied in and taught by Scripture.
Statement of Faith
We believe that the Bible is the only inspired, inerrant Word of God.
We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
We believe that Jesus Christ is God Himself, came to earth in the flesh, was born of a virgin, and lived a sinless life. He died a substitutionary and atoning death on the cross. He rose bodily from the grave and ascended into heaven where He sits at the right hand of God.
We believe that man was created in God’s image and being descended from Adam inherited a sinful nature and is totally unable to save himself from the natural consequences of sin.